Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving Traditions

Family and friends, delicious food, and football all day long - what’s not to like about Thanksgiving? Kick off the holiday season by gathering with your loved ones and celebrating the most cherished blessings in your life. Our friends at Target thought it would be fun to get TwitterMoms thinking about… "What three favorite family Thanksgiving traditions have you passed or will pass on to your children?"

I just asked my daughter and she said " WE EAT TURKEY"
Gotta love it!!!
(I Hope I teach her more than that!!!)

Here's My Families Traditions:
~ The kids and I usually Sleep in. Daddy's gone off hunting for that Big Buck. My Mom and Dad usually already have the homemade dressing made and the Turkey stuffed, before we show up to their house. Then, I'll help Mom peeling potatoes, making salad and whatever elese needs to be done for the great dinner.
~ We like to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
~ We all eat an Awesome Dinner together. This is great having the Family together. Except we are usually missing my sister and her family that lives out of state.
~ After all the clean up is done, we usually sit around and watch football and take a nap. A large Turkey dinner always makes me tired.
~ We eat dessert. Of course Pumpkin pie and my favorite Cheesecake.
~ Mom and I look over all the Ads and figure out our shopping plans for Black Friday. We like to go early and get the deals. (The kids like to look at the ads and pick out all the toys they are dreaming of getting.
~ Usually off to bed early( If luckly)

These are some family traditions that we do. Most Importantly we spend the day with our family and Thank God for all the gifts in our lives.
My Favorite Three Traditions would include: #1 Eating Dinner Together,#2 Taking a nap while watching the Macy's Day parade or football and #3 looking through all the ads and planning our Black Friday shopping day.

I'm Wishing All of You a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

We pretty much do the same here - turkey, parade, naps, and family :)

Colleen said...

You know I used to like going black friday shopping with mom...now that I am out here ...I hate going!