Sharing my life and information I think you'll want to know
Saturday, November 7, 2009
GiveAway: The Book "Seven"
Giveaway Now Closed...Winners have been notified Seven: The Number for Happiness, Love, and Success Author:Jacqueline Leo
Full Description From Website:
What is it about the number seven that has such a hold on us? Why are there seven deadly sins? Seven days of the week? Seven wonders of the world, seven colors of the spectrum, seven ages of man, and seven sister colleges? Why can we hold seven numbers or words in our working memory--but no more? Author Jackie Leo explores everything about this mystical, magical, useful, and fun number in her new book.
SEVEN REASONS YOU NEED THIS BOOK
1. SEVEN is a tool to improve the quality of your life. It is a way to define time, synthesize ideas, and keep your mind performing at top speed in an era of distractions.
2. SEVEN is culturally significant. It pops up everywhere, structuring our world in ways so fundamental, we notice them only when we pause to look. Across the ages and across cultures, the number has acquired a huge scientific, psychological, and religious significance.
3. SEVEN is intriguing. Why, out of hundreds of recipes in a cookbook, do people return to the same seven, over and over? Why, when asked to choose a number between one and ten, does such a large majority of people choose seven? Why does it take seven rounds of shuffling to obtain a fully mixed deck of cards?
4. SEVEN is influential. You'll learn how the number seven shapes our thinking, our choices, and even our relationships.
5. SEVEN is practical. Throughout this book are Top Seven lists covering the best ways to get someone's attention, to build your personal brand, and to put yourself in the path of prosperity and good luck.
6. SEVEN is fun. You'll encounter surprising facts, intriguing puzzles, and hilarious anecdotes.
7. SEVEN is wise. You'll hear stories about the meaning of seven from Mehmet Oz, Sally Quinn, Liz Smith, Christina Ricci, and many others. Artfully designed and full of enough insights to keep you engaged in conversation at the water cooler for years, SEVEN will provoke, enlighten, and amuse.
Would You Like to Win Your Own Copy? Hatchette Book Group has generously offered Five copies of Seven to five of my lucky readers.
MANDATORY/REQUIRED ENTRY: You need to Follow me and leave a Comment answering what your favorite number is?
EXTRA ENTRIES: To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry. But in addition you can:
■Subscribe via e-mail (1 extra entry) ■Add Shawnmh to your Twitter -Leave me your twitter ID (1 extra entry) ■ Tweet this giveaway on Twitter. Be sure to include a link to this contest page (Leave me the link)(1 extra entry/this may be done daily) ■Add my button to your site AND/OR add me to your blog roll.(1 entry for each) ■Blog about this contest: Add a link to this post (5 extra entries)
This giveaway is open to US and Canada residents only and can not be shipped to PO Boxes. Please leave a seperate comment for each entry.(Please make sure if you are anonymous you leave your email address with your comments.) This giveaway will end on Nov.17 at 11:59 pm Est. The winner will be notified and have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be choosen.
I've been married to Pete for 17 years now. I'm a working mom of 2 wonderful kids. Kylee is 15 & Connor is 12 now. We are Busy. Pete coaches Baseball. Pete has his own business & enjoys Hunting & Fishing. We like to Go Boating & Waterskiing. The kids enjoy many activities (too many to list)
We have a wonderful Family & many friends.