Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Antonio Meets His Match ~DVD Review~

hermie & friends

DVD Description
A rude foreigner moves into the garden, testing Antonio's patience.

Antonio should probably be called “Brave Ant”, for the heroic way he leads his Army Ants in defending the garden from, say, Big Bully Croaker. But when some foreign ants move into the garden, their strange ways challenge Antonio to use something other than physical strength and military experience to solve a problem. Featuring Tim Conway as Hermie and special guest-star Fred Willard (“Wall-E”, “Kim Possible”, “Chicken Little”, etc) and includes the original song “How Could Anyone Not Love Me” and the cartoon short "Caterpilla" (a spoof of Cinderella). Lesson is based on Luke 10:27 "Love your neighbor as you love yourself." (ICB)

My thoughts:
This is the 14 episode in a popular series Hermie & Friends by Max Lucados. Sad to say that this is the first one that I have seen. My eight year old had no interest in watching this movie. I guess that Ants and Caterpillers on the DVD case did not interest him, or he hadn't seen this advertised on TV. I think that this movie and series is geared more towards younger children and is very popular among preschool aged children. I watched this so I could write an honest review. I think that this movie has a great lesson to be learned. It's not easy to Love your Neighbors, especially when they are annoying. Also the lesson taught is that Your Neighbor is not just the person living next to you, but everyone you know and meet including people living in different countries. I liked the bonus features included in this, the Trivia Game/Quiz is a great way to see if the children followed along and caught on to the lesson. Also, the Sing-along and coloring pages I think are a hit for the kids. This is a great DVD to watch in a Religous Program and a fun way for the kids to learn important bible lessons. I would recommend this to the younger children as a fun and easy way of learning their faith.

**I reviewed this DVD as part of Thomas Nelson's book blogger program, now know as BookSneeze **
I review for BookSneeze

Anyone wishing this DVD can purchased at Thomas Nelson's website.

1 comment:

casey aubut said...

Following you back from FFF on MBC!