Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kylee's First Day of Sixth Grade


Today, September 8,2009 Is the First Day of the new school year and Kylee is starting Sixth Grade.
She was ready to go back to school after a nice summer vacation. She is looking forward to seeing all her friends. She had a hard time falling asleep last night and I was worried about her being tired and crabby, but she wasn'nt.
Kylee wanted to get up at 6:00 to shower and have plenty of time to get ready. I figured it would take a few attempts to get her up and in the shower. But... I was surprised. Her Dad woke her up at 6:00 and before I even got out of bed I heard her in the shower. I hope that it continues to go that easy. Lately she's been a bear trying to get up. She didn't even take that long getting ready. She had plenty of time to eat her breakfast and time to watch tv.
I took some pictures and we went out early to wait for the bus. I wasn't sure what time it would be here and wanted her to be early. She didn't want me to wait with her and let the other kids on the bus see me taking pictures. (She is in Middle school). Here she is looking so grown up. Buddy her yellow furry friend likes to wait for the bus with her. She just has to try to avoid taking his fur to school with her. LOL
Here's a few more pictures.




I hope she has a Great Day. I have a special treat for her when she gets home. (I always make cookies for the kids on their first day back to school.)
I'll let you know tomorrow how school went for her.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

ahh she is still such a cutie..even if she is getting all grown up! Tomorrow you should give her a big hug right before she gets on the bus and embarrass her...no just kidding! Hope she continues to get up so good for you!