Monday, June 21, 2010

Mamavation Monday

Watch Lives Change
Today's weigh in was much better than last weeks! I lost 3 1/2 pounds but that's the extra weight that I gained the past few weeks/months. But, I guess it's a good start. I would still like to lose around 5 to 10 pounds but these pounds have been really hard for me to lose.
My main goal is to be healthy and not so much the weight loss as it is toning my body. I was a gymnast for many years and have that muscular build. I just need all my muscle to be "muscle" and toned (not flab underneath or in between). I just started doing a Zumba workout at home and although I haven't mastered it completely, I like it and can feel it working my body. They say you can lose 1000 calories an hour. That would be Great- because then I could eat even more. (LOL) I need to continue to eat healthy. I love to eat fresh fruits and veggies and I can add in a few ice cream or other treats as long as I exercise and keep it in moderation.
Another big concern, it to not east fast food as my summer schedule gets busier. I like to eat at Subway or bring fruit or other healthy snacks as to stopping and getting junk food along the way.
Until next week's weigh in ... I will be eating healthy and exercising!!

13 comments:

Trish said...

Awesome job!!!

~Lori~ said...

Congrats on the loss! Thats huge! Great job!

Cant wait to hear how the Zumba workout is! Im so curious!

Jess said...

Great job on the weight loss! Make sure you keep fruit and veggies on hand and it will make it easier to choose those foods!

Momma On The Run said...

Yay for Zumba!! It looks like its so fun! I want to try it soon as well! I'm sending you no fast food vibes this week girl! You can do it!!

kia said...

Amazing job Shawn! Glad you are happy with your progress this week. You are so close to your goal weight that I was wondering if it was more of a toning/body fat percentage goal. I can't wait to get to that point... you work your stuff!

Colleen said...

Congrats!!! You will have to bring the zumba with you on the 4th.

Rachel @RunningRachel said...

Hi there. I have never tried ZUMBA... but it looks like SO much fun!! Have a great week!

Kim said...

Great job on the 3.5 lbs!!! That is wonderful! It's nothing to sniff at! Keep up the great work & I'm sure you'll hit the 5-10 lbs you're aiming to lose. & you're right, it's not about the #, so just remember that & keep doing what you're doing! I keep hearing a lot about zumba & I'm curious....

The Maniacal Matron - @MMScarlett said...

Your goals sound a lot like mine. I am mostly aiming for muscle tone and no flab.

Have a great week

lovelyritaann said...

I think I might check out this Zumba... everyone keeps talking about it! Congrats on the weight loss!!

Chat with you soon!
@lovelyritaann

Unknown said...

I'm giggling at your "flab underneath or in between!" Gives me a funny mental picture and I love it! That flab is trying to hide!

Good job getting back on track. You're doing great!

Anonymous said...

I'm like you Shawn - short and muscular, but with a small layer of fat overtop making me look larger than I am. Keep up the good work Shawn! You and I will both get there!

Mandi said...

Congrats on the loss!!