Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mitochondrial Disease Awareness Week


Mitochondrial Disease Awareness Week is September 19-25,2010.
This is very important to me!!! My niece, Kennedy has been affected and suffers from Mitochondrial encenphalomyopathy. This causes her to have many severe medical problems but she is still full of smiles. (You can read more about Kennedy here)


Until my niece was diagnosed with having Mitochondrial Disease, I had never even heard of it. This disease has no cure!! It can affect children and adults differently. Some of the affected children and adults are living fairly normal lives with mitochondrial disease, while many are severely affected, and some children do not survive their teenage years.

For more information about Mitochondrial Disease or to make a donation, please visit UMDF


Honor those affected or who have lost their battle by Lighting a Candle. *I lit a candle for Kennedy and the others affected.*

No comments: