Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Giving Back this Holiday Season

As Christmas approaches, I like to remember the reason for the season. I celebrate Christmas as Jesus' Birth and like to give gifts. I like to give gifts to my family and friends and I like to help out the less fortunate. I like to give money donations and gifts to those in need but I also try to help out in other ways that doesn't cost alot of money. There are many ways to Give back without breaking the bank. I like to encourage my children to volunteer and help out not just during the Holidays but all year long.
My daughter is very caring and is always thinking of other people. I'm very proud of her and I'm glad she has a big heart. She likes to help out as much as she can.
Ways we give back include donating food items, baked goods and making ornaments to put in the food baskets that our church gives out to those in need. Her youth group raises money by hosting bake sales and raffles and donates food to go in these Christmas baskets too.
We also like to buy new toys,clothes,hats,mittens,etc and donate these item to the Tag Tree program our local post office does. We remember the animals and like to help out the local pet shelters. Also, my son just went through his room and is donating some of his toys and clothes too. We like to give our stuff we've out grown to those in need. We try to help out at various events and support many organizations, as we can afford to.
Please remember what this season is all about..
Please help Warm Tiny Toes by helping Robeez make a donation to K.I.D.S.


Join Robeez and TwitterMoms as we share our heart-felt stories on how we’re giving back this holiday season. Bloggers can receive prizes in the contest and when a pair of Robeez Soft Sole shoes are purchased, Stride Rite will donate to K.I.D.S.
(Kids In Distressed Situations)through December 23rd.

K.I.D.S brings hope and self-esteem to children in need and their families by providing new clothes, shoes, toys, furniture, books and juvenile products donated by leading manufacturers and retailers. The donations move through their network of community social service agencies in the U.S. and abroad to reach children who are ill, living in poverty, or are the victims of natural disasters.



These adorable Robeez Shoes are too little for my daughter now... But when these are purchased Stride Rite will donate a pair...

1 comment:

April (Mama is on the Potty) said...

What a wonderful post! Very simple things that don't take that much effort on our part, means the world to those in needs! Great blog!